Beebe Healthcare recently announced the Nursing Excellence Award winners for 2015. Jeffrey M. Fried, FACHE, President and CEO of Beebe Healthcare expressed his pride in the company’s celebration of nurses. “All of us at Beebe recognize the essential role our nurses play in our care delivery system,” he said.
He also acknowledged that nurses are the foundation for the healthcare system and play an essential role in the company’s success as a premier healthcare system.
The Nursing Excellence Awards were presented by the Nurses Celebrating Nurses Committee on May, 2 in Georgetown where Vice Chair of the Beebe Healthcare Board of Directors, Jacquelyn O. Wilson commended nurses for all that they do.
And the winners were …
- The Bonnie Austin Nursing Leadership Award, which honors nurses who excel as leaders while motivating professional development. Stephan Betins-Kinnamon is the 2015 recipient.
- The Eleanor Cordrey Nursing Excellence Award honors nurses who show superior critical and clinical thinking skills. Phyllis Saunders is the 2015 recipient.
- The Constance Bushey Nursing Scholarship Award honors nurses that exhibit a lifelong commitment to development within the nursing profession. Julia Bayne is the 2015 recipient.
- The Holly Rader Advanced Practice Nursing Excellence Award honors nurses acting as patient advocates. Bill Stanton is the 2015 recipient.
- The Professional Mentor Nursing Award honors nurses who are an example to other nurses and serves the community. Diane Bane is the 2015 recipient.
Steven Rhone, RN, BSN, MS, NE-BC, Vice President of Patient Care Services says the awards allow nurses to recognize one another’s efforts and the impact they have in the lives of patients.
Beebe Healthcare also took time to celebrate National Nurses Week with lively events including a reception for the 2015 Nursing Excellence Award winners.
National Nurses Week wraps up on May 12th, which is the birthday of Florence Nightingale, the recognized patron of nursing.